"Reading really will be the lifeblood of everything they do and everything they accomplish." - Cassandra James
Biblioteca (library) + Bicicleta (bicycle) = The Bibliobicicleta
The Bibliobicicleta campaign began in December of 2013 after being successfully crowdfunded 344% on Kickstarter. The Bibliobicicleta is a pop-up bike library that visits and serves at neighborhood bicycle and literacy events, parks, beaches, and performs homeless outreach in San Francisco.
The mission is to instill a love of reading, of learning, and bicycling of all ages and backgrounds. Bibliobicicleta most frequently serves the Panhandle, Golden Gate Park, Sunday Street events, Free Farm Stand, Academy of Scienceand will also debut in the lobby of the Contemporary Jewish Museum.
Think of a "Little Free Library", on bike! Take a book, donate a book, or just take a book! BIBLIOBICICLETA aims to bring donated books of all kinds: childrens, adult, fiction, non-fiction, etc.
- It's exercise for your brain!
- To escape a world of cell phones and computers.
- To change our lives.
- To imagine.
- To challenge yourself.
- Words are our everyday tool.
- Reading gives you information.
Why a free library on bike?... Why not?
- Information shouldn't cost anything, libraries like being accessible.
- Fresh and free air, sunshine, wind.
- Bikes are cool, and can go anywhere.
Velo Visionaries - Bibliobicicleta - By Kristin Tieche
Learn more by visiting: